Last Updated on by
It is possible to get healthy and strong muscles as long as you follow a proper exercise routine and diet. If you want to start a diet to gain muscle mass, you should know that breakfast, as the first meal of the day, is one of the most important, since it is the one that will give you the energy you need to start your day and start your journey physical activity.
If your goal is to improve your appearance actively and healthily, from a COMO, we recommend the following eight breakfasts to increase muscle mass. In addition to being very nutritious and easy to prepare, they are delicious.
Greek yogurt with cereals and nuts
Yogurt has a high protein content and full calories that will help you gain muscle mass, as well as natural lactic ferments that are very beneficial for your body and your immune system. Greek yogurt, in addition to nutritious, has a creamy texture delightful to the palate.
A breakfast with Greek yogurt is ideal for increasing muscle mass if combined with nuts, oatmeal, and a little honey to sweeten it. Preparing a good bowl of Greek yogurt for breakfast will not take any effort and will give you everything your body and, in particular, your muscles need:
- 250 ml of Greek yogurt (can be white or with fruits)
- 100 g of oat flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 servings of nuts (you can combine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts)
To prepare this breakfast, you need to mix all the ingredients in a breakfast bowl. If you wish, you can chop the nuts to blend better with the yogurt.
Porridge of oats and nuts
The porridge of oats and nuts is a creamy culinary goodness that has a high level of carbohydrates, proteins, and beneficial fats for the body. Oatmeal and nuts will give you the energy you need to start your daily routine of increasing muscle mass. This breakfast can be prepared with both cold milk and hot milk, so it is an ideal breakfast both in winter and in summer.
- 250 g of oatmeal
- 125 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon crushed nuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the milk in a bowl and add the oatmeal in flakes until it acquires a creamy consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to taste.
If you prefer to consume this cold breakfast, put all the ingredients in the blender and mix it until it acquires the desired consistency.
Meals to gain muscle mass based on whole wheat bread
Despite its long name, whole wheat toast with cereals, tortillas, and sprouts is a leisurely breakfast to prepare. All the ingredients that make up this rich breakfast to gain muscle mass will provide you with calories full of protein and unsaturated fats. The bread will give you fiber, while the sprouts will provide you with the extra energy point you need when you face an intense exercise board. For its part, good egg fat will favor the functioning of your heart and arteries.
- 2 slices of bread with cereals and oatmeal (you can alternate this bread with the bread of seeds and pipes)
- 2 camperos eggs
- A handful of alfalfa sprouts, lentils, soy.
- Half tomato
- Olive oil
- Put a stream of olive oil in the pan.
- If the hot oil is ready, add the beaten eggs with it. Once the tortilla is cooked on both sides, turn off the heat and keep it. If you prefer, instead of tortilla, you can prepare some scrambled eggs. To do this, toss the beaten egg in the pan and stir with a wooden spatula until the egg is curdled but broken.
- On a slice of bread, put half sliced tomato and alfalfa sprouts. Add a dash of olive oil.
- Cover with the tortilla and finish by putting the other slice of bread.
If you wish, you can alternate the egg with cheeses such as fresh cheese or cottage cheese. This nutritious breakfast is also ideal for preparing as dinner to increase muscle mass.
Cottage cheese with fruit
A great breakfast that will increase your muscle mass and sweeten your mornings is the one you can prepare with cottage cheese and fruit. Cottage cheese is a pleasantly textured cheese that blends very well with most fruits. Combining cottage cheese with strawberries, apples, and bananas will make you enjoy as a child your first meal of the day.
- 250 g cottage cheese
- Fruit to taste (4 strawberries, 1 banana, half apple)
- Honey if you want to give it a little more sweetness
- 1 piece or portion of the fruit of your choice (apple, peach, ½ banana, 6 strawberries, kiwi)
The preparation of a bowl of cottage cheese with fruit is simple; you need to wash, peel, and chop the fruit you will consume and add it to the cottage cheese. If you are intolerant to milk or cow protein, you can substitute regular cottage cheese for a fresh cheese that does not contain lactose.
Cottage cheese is very digestive and is also ideal as a dinner to increase muscle mass. If you want to consume it at night, you can substitute the fruit by adding some low-salt and fatty cold cuts, as well as you can accompany it with whole wheat toast.
Breakfasts to increase muscle mass based on shakes
Another breakfast that will make you gain muscle mass quickly and efficiently is the banana and oatmeal shake. Smoothies to increase muscle mass are excellent alternatives to consume for breakfast. This shake is characterized by having a high content of potassium and carbohydrates. Also, the banana and oatmeal shake is very nutritious and has a high protein index, thanks to the brewer’s yeast and the milk that accompany it.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup to sweeten
- 1 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast.
- 250 ml of whole milk
- In a blender, pour the previously peeled and chopped banana.
- Then add the milk, oatmeal and brewer’s yeast.
- Proceed to your smoothie until you get a smooth shake.
- Try it and add the honey or agave syrup until you get the desired sweetness.
If you want to know more Smoothie recipes to increase muscle mass, we invite you to click on the link and see the top list that we have gathered.
Whole wheat toast with avocado and fresh cheese
Integral bread is a source of carbohydrates. On the other hand, fresh cheese has a low-fat index but a high protein value. Avocado is a food with a high content of high-quality fats, popularly known as good fats.
A protein breakfast consisting of toasted bread with avocado and fresh cheese, in addition to being very delicious and easy to prepare, will provide your body with beneficial calories that will help you healthily develop your muscles. Besides, this type of breakfast can become one of the delicious dinners to increase muscle mass in your weekly diet. Add some tomato slices, and you will have a very healthy gourmet dinner.
Two large slices of whole wheat bread. If you wish, it can be whole grain bread with seeds since they have, like avocado, a high index of beneficial fats for the body.
- A peeled and chopped avocado.
- A tub of fresh cheese (approximately 200 grams).
- A dash of olive oil.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare a kind of salad by slicing the avocado and fresh cheese in a bowl.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste but without overdoing it.
- Add a dash of olive oil.
Pour the preparation into a slice of bread and then cover with the other slice. If you wish, you can toast the bread to make it even more delicious.
Muesli with berries, seeds, and ricotta cheese
Ricotta is an Italian cheese very similar to cottage cheese. Ricotta, like most cheeses, has a high nutritional value, since it is very rich in calcium, as well as in proteins and omega 3 and 6. All this makes it an ideal food for any healthy diet.
White in color and soft consistency, this cheese can be consumed in both sweet and savory dishes. In this case, we propose a fresh and delicious breakfast to increase muscle mass in which ricotta cheese is combined with the fruits of the forest, known for its high content of vitamin C. In addition, it also contains seeds that will provide you with full calories and beneficial fats for your body.
- 200 g of oat flakes (if possible, very thin).
- 100 g of fresh or hydrolyzed red fruits (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, among others). You can find hydrolyzed red fruits in organic stores.
- 120 g ricotta
- 100 g of flax or sunflower seeds.
- Mix the oat flakes in a bowl with the red fruits and ricotta cheese (previously crushed with a fork).
- Add the seeds above and enjoy this rich and very nutritious breakfast.
To increase your muscle mass with this breakfast, it is not necessary to add any sweetener, since the oatmeal flakes are lovely in itself. However, if you want to sweeten it, use honey, cane sugar, agave syrup, stevia, or some natural sweetener.
Gouda cheese sandwich with cucumber and hard-boiled egg
If you fancy a consistent breakfast that helps you start the day with energy and, besides, favors the growth of your muscles, a gouda cheese sandwich with cucumber and hard-boiled egg is an excellent option.
We have already commented that the cheeses are rich in calcium, as well as in proteins and omega 3 and 6. Gouda, in addition to being nutritious, has an intense and pleasant flavor, since it is a melting cheese widely used to taste.
For its part, the egg provides good fats and a high protein index, while cucumber is an excellent food supplement for any diet since it has vitamins of group B and C, folic acid, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. All these minerals and vitamins contribute to cellular health and are essential in any diet for athletes.
- Two slices of gouda cheese
- Half cucumber
- A cooked egg
- Two slices of whole wheat bread with cereals and seeds
- Peel and cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Cut the cooked egg into thin slices.
- Place the two slices of gouda cheese on a slice of bread.
- Put the cucumber and egg slices on the cheese.
- Cover with the other slice of bread and put the sandwich to toast in a toaster. You’ll love melted gouda cheese with the rest of the ingredients.
You can include this type of breakfast in one of your dinners to increase muscle mass, replacing the hard-boiled egg with a healthy and protein food, such as a grilled breast fillet.
Other tips to gain muscle mass
The breakfasts to increase the muscle mass that we propose will help you healthily develop your muscles. But so that you can eat safely and healthily, we recommend that you also follow these tips to increase muscle mass :
- Do all the daily meals: skipping a meal is unhealthy and will reduce the calorie intake you need to reach the desired muscle mass.
- Eat foods rich in protein: opt for foods such as fish, chicken, eggs, milk, cheese, legumes, among others.
- Take only good fats: nuts, olive oil, cereals, and fish such as salmon are packed with them.
- Drink water: water will prevent your muscles from stunting and not growing. Drinking 2 liters of water a day is a good start.
- Eat fruit: the fruit gives you minerals and vitamins that will help you have energy and recover before and after a training session.
- Seek professional help: if you do not have experience in the world of sports or suffer from any pathology or disease, before undergoing a specific training or diet, always consult with a specialist in the field.
If you want to know more tips and tricks, we invite you to visit our article How to increase muscle mass quickly. And, besides, we recommend that you follow an exercise routine to increase muscle mass because that way, you will see the results in less time.