Last Updated on by
When snoring, the sleeper makes regular or irregular breathing noises, which often sound like sawing or wheezing. On the other hand, those affected can take anti-snoring pillows, medication or ultimately surgery. There have different sleep apnea Hong Kong clinics for treating this problem. However, there are also a lot of home remedies to help you find restful and peaceful sleep.
Here are 10 home remedies for sleep apnea:
1. Gargling: Gargling with one or two drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water ensures that the mucous membranes in the mouth and throat contract. A water bowl with about 20 drops of eucalyptus oil on the bedside table can also be effective if a cold is to blame for snoring.
2. Steam baths: About a liter of boiling water comes in a large bowl and is enriched with about 4 drops of tea tree oil. A large towel is placed over the head. Now the patient leans over the bowl. The cloth ensures that the etheric vapors cannot escape. Breathe in the steam daily before going to sleep. Caution, there should be no small children around, hot water can cause scalding!
3. Avoid alcohol: Too much alcohol has a clear muscle-relaxing effect. The whole airway is a muscle – alcohol consumption leads to muscle relaxation. This is made to vibrate and vibrate at the narrow points in the breathing area and the alcoholic cannot find restful sleep.
4. Change sleeping position: Most of the time, snoring is caused for improper sleeping position. The snorer should get used to sleeping on their side. This is an easy idea for sleep apnea remedy.
5. Increase the sleeping position of the upper body: If the upper body rests on firm pillows or rollers, this can help the person concerned to breathe better and thus snore less.
6. Sufficient humidity: Sufficient humidity must be provided in the bedroom. The nasal mucous membranes should also always be moist.
7. Honey: A glass of herbal tea, sweetened with a tablespoon of honey, drunk before going to sleep has an anti-inflammatory effect. The honey kills germs in the throat and helps reduce swelling in the airways. The better oxygenation should make snoring less. Repeat daily before going to bed.
8. Olive oil: A tablespoon of olive oil before sleep provides the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil for free airways.
9. Garlic: One or two cloves of garlic are crushed. Half a lemon juice is mixed with a little warm water. The garlic should be chewed well, then it is washed down with the lemon water. The application should be done about an hour before going to bed every day, this is done to combat the mucus and inflammation of the respiratory tract. TIP: This home remedy is more for singles.
10. Cardamom: Half a teaspoon of cardamom in a glass of lukewarm water can have an expectorant and decongestant effect on the respiratory tract.
Important: If there is any suspicion that breathing interruptions occur during the night, the doctor should be consulted.
Anti-snore pillows and backpacks
In the specialist trade, you will find many anti-snore pillows and backpack-like devices that you can tie on your back. The purpose is the same in both cases: It should be prevented that you turn on your back because in this sleeping position the risk of snoring is highest. At sleep-experts.com it is explained in detail whether the pillows actually do anything. It is certainly worth a try because the pillows are not very expensive and for some people, they actually seem to work.
Sleep apnea can take various forms. Therefore, it is essential that you see a doctor, even if these remedies for sleep apnea help. If other causes are responsible for the breathing interruptions, the doctor will consider other treatments.